Friday, November 6, 2009

Secret Words We Use?

I was going though some paperwork over the weekend with the tv on and got caught up in a previous season of Hell's Kitchen; one of those back to back to back. I like Gordon Ramsay though I don't care for his language. He is from the UK and the employment laws are different there. He has restaurants in the US but I wonder if we saw a slip. In the season I watched, the two finalists were a 25 year old Culinary Student and a 47 experienced executive chef. His decision for choosing Christine, the student was "potential." He said he was thinking "long term"... Hmmmmm--code for youth? What would have happened if he chose the seasoned (;-0) chef who mentored the student. The opportunity to work in a kitchen run by this business man would be an epxerience, but would he also help the discipline with an example in mentoring?